Importance of Youth Policy?

Discussion in 'League Two' started by uplana, Apr 21, 2010.

1. uplana

uplana Member

Youth policy is really essential to include some better and effecient tactics to enhance chance of winning for a club. I don't want to relate it with any realistic chance of pushing the first team. I want to share this topic with every football lover here. What are your views?

2. totaldave55

totaldave55 Member

Bringing on a youth squad is massively important... especially for the lower league clubs who dont have much cash to buy in good players.

Good for the bigger clubs too who can make some cash selling their good youth players (but not good enough to make the senior squad) to lower league sides.

The youth system at arsenal is something we are very proud of, its produced some great players and made the club a lot of money over the years.

3. uplana

uplana Member

Youth policy is really essential to create an energetic environment on a ground with a strong will power to win. I am agree with you its important for lower clubs as they lack sufficient cash to buy big players for their side.

4. totaldave55

totaldave55 Member

The other thing is wages, as well as paying big fees for big players, their wages are massive too. Youth players can be in the squad for a fraction of the wage bill, and right now saving money is on all football clubs minds.

5. uplana

uplana Member

I think this policy can also work for big clubs as they can try new energetic players to work on them in near future. Money is always going to be a big factor in all these league. Youth policy is essential not only to save your ground for future but also to save money.

6. NutJob

NutJob New Member

Man U have had loads of players come from the youth system, they stick around too rather then being sold off, because they know there is no better place to be playing football... ;)

7. totaldave55

totaldave55 Member

lol... well being a man u player isnt all bad... even those that never make the senior squad get paid ridiculous money just for hanging around...

8. uplana

uplana Member

A youth first need to establish himself in a team to build a position that provides him money. And for this position he just need to achieve peak in his performance.